Friday, June 27, 2008

Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints

So I am really cursing my sister-in-law, Wendy, for introducing me to these cookies. She made them over Father's Day and I could not stop shoving them in my mouth. They are YUM-O! I had to make them for myself because I couldn't stop thinking about them! Thanks Wendy!


Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints

from allrecipes with a little tweaking:


1 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

Frosting:

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon milk or more


DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball (a chapstick lid works great). Fill the hole with jam. Great tip: Put some jam in a zip-lock baggie, cut a small corner off and it pipes in very easily.


Stick in the fridge for 20 min or the freezer for about 10 to help the cookies firm up and keep their shape while baking.


Bake for 13 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on the cookie sheet.


In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, and milk until smooth. Drizzle lightly over warm cookies using the ziplock baggie method.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You're always giving me recipes that I love, so I'm glad you like that one. It's dangerous.
Molly immediately saw the pic of Ben and Noah shaving and said, "What happened to Noah?!" She had tons of fun with the boys when you were gone.

Gwen said...

Can I just come live at your house and eat your delicious food? Will craft for goodies.

jeannie said...

I love to make those kind of cookies...well, I like to make any kind of cookie...well, let just get down to the truth...I love to make/eat any kind of cookie!