I helped with a baby shower (my good friend Brandy is having a baby girl!!) this weekend and had a yummy recipe to share!Here is the "spread". Lots of good food! Our theme was daisy's and the colors pink and yellow.
These are my favorite baby shower food:
Sugar Cookie Tarts
Cookie:
2 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
3/4 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix together. Roll 1/2 the dough at a time to 1/4" thick. Use scalloped cookie cutter (makes it pretty). Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
Frosting:
1/2 c. sugar
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 tsp. vanilla
Spread on each cookie. Slice berries, peaches, almonds, chocolate chips, etc... Top with powdered sugar.
2 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
3/4 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix together. Roll 1/2 the dough at a time to 1/4" thick. Use scalloped cookie cutter (makes it pretty). Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
Frosting:
1/2 c. sugar
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 tsp. vanilla
Spread on each cookie. Slice berries, peaches, almonds, chocolate chips, etc... Top with powdered sugar.







2 comments:
Hey, friend! Looks yummy! I miss you--when are we going to get together???
Now I'm really sorry I missed the shower! :) I love making the huge giant sized version of these, but the small ones are very cute and personal. I love every recipe and picture you put on your blog and this will be 'kudos to you, queen of the kitchen' to cover all the recipes/photos. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment