Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh Butterfly, Where Art Thou??

Last Friday Noah and I were trying to find things to do (we have a short window frame since Caden gets out of school at 11am). He found a Popsicle holder and got so excited! This is our little conversation:
N: Mom! Look what I found! I have to go find a butterfly!
M: What? Why a butterfly (a little confused since it is what you freeze popsicle's in)
N: We have to give it a bath! Come on! Let's go!

So, we filled it up with water and went looking for a butterfly...
Here he is looking up at the tree, hoping there was one there...
Looking in the bushes...still no luck. I felt bad...how do you tell your 3 year old that it's really hard to find a butterfly when it is 1) 90 degrees outside 2) They are kinda hard to catch 3) It will not want us to give it a bath. So we just looked around for a good 40 minutes and he gave up and we went inside. He is such a sweet boy and very imaginative!

4 comments:

aurora said...

Wow. 40 minutes in 90 degrees? You are my hero. What a great Mommy you are. :)

JC Photography said...

What a cutie! How funny to see how his little mind works.

Audrey said...

The things kids come up with! So cute!!

The Reimers Family said...

How nice of you to be so patient! What a good mom!