This is my last post for the day I promise...I think this is like number 6 or something.
I have had so many friends ask about my family who lives in Houston how they are faring and what not. So, I thought I would post a little bit about what they are up to!
My parents live just North of Houston and they have been without power since FRIDAY!! Yup, 6 fun filled days with no power. I could only imagine how that would be...no TV, no AC, no Internet...etc. So since there is no power, all the fridge stuff is spoiled now, the freezer stuff is thawing out and they luckily have been able to grill lots of it. They are good with food though. I should also say that they didn't get any damage to their home, no flooding, no trees ripped up...just lots of debris all over their yard and in the pool. I can honestly say we are very relieved and grateful for that!
Grocery Stores have slowly been opening. At first it was only 30 people allowed in at a time. They obviously were not selling fridge/freezer stuff. Gas Stations are just mad. There have been waits up to 3 hours...sometimes people were just waiting in vain, most of the time there wasn't even any gas to sell! My Dad went to Home Depot to get some trash bags and he said there was a really long line and my dad asked a worker what they were waiting for and he said, generators. My dad asked if they even had any and the guy said, "no, and they know we don't they are just hoping that we get some in soon." Crazy! People I guess are just really bored so they wait in lines that have nothing waiting for them at the end. Kind of crazy! I'm just very greatful that my parents were smart enough to make sure that before Ike, they were prepared. They had their food storage, they had their cars filled up, etc...
They luckily still have hot water, so they can take showers and what not. My mom went back to work on Tuesday and my Dad went back today, Wednesday.
I hear all these stories from my parents and I am just in awe...could you imagine having small children with NO power? Having to entertain them with no AC? I really take things for granted. I think about all those who have lost their homes and hope that everything will work out for them.
Ben just told me that there was a guy in Galveston who had an exotic zoo at his home. So now there is a loose Lion in Galveston. I guess they are dropping meat and stuff around so that it will eat meat and not people. There are also alligators and what not all over. CRAZY!!
Anyway, just thought that some of you might want an update on how my parents are doing!
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago







7 comments:
What a terrifying mess! It makes me really want to get my food storage prepared...and live far away from the zoo!
Glad that your family is okay. Oh, on a side note, did you have somewhere you went to online or someplace that had what shopping was going to near the 35 or herritage trace or something? Can you sent that over my way? thanks!
jeanniejuly2001@yahoo.com
Wow, so much more happens during these events than you dare to think about.
FYI. I awarded you a blog award in a post on my blog. I really enjoy your blog.
Wow! It has been quite amazing to watch. I am so glad that your family is okay!
And I am definitely trying the orange cake and waffles! Yummy. :)
I've been thinking about them. Glad things are good and I hope they get power soon!
I am glad your parents are okay! What a mess it is down here, but I am just thankful we have a house to come home too and a house w/ power!!
On a lighter note, would you please stop posting all these YUMMY recipes that are not exactly good for you?! :) Good thing we don't live by each other... I would be 300 pounds. ;) You inspire me to bake more. :)
Crazy!! I'm so glad they are okay!!
Post a Comment