The last couple of days have been a complete blur for me. It all started on Monday evening around 6pm. I started having weird pains on my right side. I didn't think much of it until that night when I couldn't sleep b/c the pain was so severe. So that morning Ben took me to the minor emergency clinic (while my amazing friends watched the boys, Thanks!!), and they said I need to go to the ER and get a CAT scan b/c they think it might be an appendicitis. So we rush over to Baylor (amazing hospital by the way) and they got me going on some drugs right away. Then I had to drink this nasty stuff so my organs will "glow" when they do the CAT scan. So I get the CAT scan and they had to inject some iodine in me (which was really weird feeling, it just felt like my chest and stomach were really warm and then it felt like I was peeing on myself). The tests came back normal. Great, no surgery needed, but now we have to figure out whats wrong with me. They did an ultra sound, normal. Pelvic exam, normal. So, they load me up with lots of pain killers and send me home. Let me tell you how bad the pain is: can't walk, can't breathe, can't cough, can't lay down, can't sit up, you get the picture. The next day I had to go to my regular family Dr. who was in contact with the ER Dr. They just said to go home and rest. So I did. I slept and slept and slept. Now today, I feel fine. My pain level is at 2, where as before it was a good 9.5-10. So progress has been made! I am on a clear liquid diet. Let me just tell you how hungry I am! I am hoping I can eat me some grub tonight.
I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, without them, who know what could have happened! Also thanks to all the family and friends who have called and watched my boys, that was a huge blessing! Thank you!
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago







6 comments:
Wow. I had no idea. You should have called me and let me know. I'm so sorry. I'm glad everything is OK. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out. Some day, right? Take it easy and enjoy the pain killers!
I'm so sorry, Summer! I hope 1) you get feeling better, 2)you figure out what is wrong with you, and 3) it never happens again! Good luck with everything and keep us updated!
hey, what about ur gall bladder? i had horrible horrible pain on my right side. couldnt breathe, lay down, move, it was horrible, and the pain was in my back on the right side. turned out it was my gall bladder. i had to have it out last november.
my mother went to the er for a YEAR before they found out it was the gall bladder. and it can come and go. if the gall stone gets unstuck, it can stop hurting. just thought. im sure they already checked. hope u r feeling better.
So sorry to hear that Summer! How are you feeling now? I hope better! Keep us posted.
Wow, Summer. I hope that you are feeling better and that it doesn't come back again. I, too, have a problem with gall stones and will be having my gall bladder removed later this year. The pain is overwhelming, almost like I'm having a heart attack. Did they check the gall bladder?
I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you're family is up to. We sure miss you guys!
Did they see if you had kidney stones? You could have passed it and that is why the pain is gone.
Or it could have been gall stones. I have had both and it sounds a lot like the pain I have had with each.
Take care and mention both to your doc next time, you need to be sure that gall bladder is healthy!
I will keep you in my prayers.
Post a Comment