Wow! It has been a very long time since I have posted anything. It has been one of those weeks. I was getting ready for Caden's b-day, my parents were coming, and I got a new church calling...YW President (needless to say, I feel a bit overwhelmed). So with all of that, things have calmed down, and there are lots of pictures! Caden's birthday party was on Saturday, April 12 (his real b-day is on the 11th) and we had it at Chuck E. Cheese. Let me tell you how great it is to have a party somewhere other than your home. There is no cleaning before, planning games, cleaning up after, etc... and you end up spending about the same! I'm becoming a fan! Although you all know how much I love to plan a party!! Anyway, here are some pictures of our weekend.This is the cake I made. It took me FOUR hours to make the thing. I am happy the way it turned out though! Can you guess what the tire treads are??? Bubble tape painted black. The "gun" or "missile" is a pretzel rod covered in chocolate. The dirt is frosting with crushed Nilla wafers and brown sugar. I think I am enjoying making cute cakes like this...if anyone needs a cake, I'll make it for you!!!
Caden and his best bud, Evan.
Caden blowing out his candles. While this was happening, Noah was at some other kids table blowing out his candles. Oops. All of a sudden I see all the parents looking over at the other table laughing hysterically and I look over and see him doing his mischief and the other table is just staring at Noah. I'm sure they just wanted to strangle me!
Caden and Noah with Chuck E.
Of course all the Dad's had to have their own little cup of tokens so they could play their own games. This is Ben and his dad, Ed, playing some gun game.
Caden with his friend, Hannah (her parents are our good friends from Lewisville, Kelly and Alma)
Poppi and Noah, dressed as Spiderman. A few minutes after this picture, we were outside saying goodbye to Ben's family and Noah was running around in his little outfit and ran smack in the middle of a pillar in the front of our house. He split is lip open and scrapped his chin up pretty bad. Not too mention he got some big bruise on his cheek while at Chuck E. Cheese. He's not looking so good right now...
After his birthday party, he had a soccer game to play in. He scored 2 goals: one for Mimi and one for Poppi. He did a great job! Go Caden!
The Thunder Dragons!!! Caden, Ayden, Caden, Evan, Cason. Are they not the cutest??
Update on the Potty Training...Noah did it in one and a half days! Was he ready or what? The other day we were on our way to preschool and when we were half way there and yells:
Noah:"Mom, It's Gonna Blow!"
Me: "What? What's gonna blow?"
N: "Me! I gotta go! I gotta go pee!!"
Needless to say, now whenever he has to go potty really bad, he yells, "It's gonna blow!"
Anyway, he's done really well, the #2 thing is just getting underway. His excuses have been:
1. Mom, it just too hard
2. Mom, its just too big, it won't come out or,
3. I'll find him in his room trying to put a diaper on himself, which was quite amusing to watch.
So, for those of you who have two kids, and ready to potty train the second, it's MUCH easier than the first. Now, for Jamie who has twins...good luck!!
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago







5 comments:
Okay I am totally sitting here still laughing for the ... "its gonna blow". That is priceless. Ha ha ha ha!
Noah is such a funny kid. I can't let Molly see this post because she'll freak out that she missed the party. The cake was awesome!
First of all, love the cake! You are just too talented! Secondly, "it's going to blow" has Greg and I laughing so hard right now and making me thankful for little girls. :) And last, I appreciate you wishing me luck on potty training...we're gonna need it. :)
This made me laugh. You are a super mom with that cake. It's amazing. I can't believe our boys are 5!
Way cute cake!! I'm impressed. I love that Noah says, "It's gonna blow"! That is too cute. Oh, and you will be the BEST YW president! Lucky girls!
Post a Comment