I finally have a few minutes to share a blog...there is much to blog, so I will scatter them throughout the week:-) I serve in Young Womens at my church and it was "Pie Night" last night and all the leaders have to bring a pie. So, I made one up since I don't have very many pie recipes. I hope you enjoy it, the girls seemed to like it. (I was going to post a picture of the inside of the pie, but it was gone...I thought I would have gotten some leftovers, oh well, use your imagination!) Grasshopper Pie:
Crust:
1 Oreo pie crust
Ganache:
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. vanilla (opt.)
Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Set aside. Heat whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the cream on top of the chocolate chips, allow to stand for 3-5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth and creamy. Pour about 1/2 cup - 1 cup (or more if you would like) of ganache on bottom of pie crust. Refrigerate until firm. (Keep the remainder in the fridge and you can make truffles out of the rest: roll into a ball and coat with powdered sugar or cocoa or chocolate covered strawberries, or just eat it out of the bowl like my children)
Ice Cream Part:
2 pints of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Take it out of the freezer and let it get soft. Put it in a bowl and get it smooth and put on top of the ganache. Freeze it for at least 4 hours.
Toppings:
Whipped cream:
1 c. heavy whipped cream
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Whip cream until almost stiff. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until cream holds its peaks. Put in a pastry bag and pipe stars around the pie. Put crushed mint OREOS in the center. Voila!This is a picture of what I found...Noah with his little chair digging into the remainder of the ganache. Yes, we are potty training, you are lucky you don't see whats really under the shirt! Needless to say, between him and Caden, I didn't have enough to make truffles.
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago







3 comments:
Pretty sure I would LOVE it! Those are my favorite flavors ever. (I hope your new calling is going well.)
This pie looks AMAZING! I'm making it tomorrow. Noah is so cute, even if he doesn't have pants on. Little stinker!
Yummy!! And love the picture of Noah. :) How's potty training going?
Post a Comment