Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

The last few weeks have been full of all sorts of fun...in regards to raising my boys.  I just thought I would share a few of them:)

THE GOOD:
We are making room for Boy #3 and had to bunk up Caden and Noah.  The transition has been interesting.  Sometimes they fight, sometimes they chit chat...its different every night.  But a few nights ago it made me realize what good brothers they are and that they really do love each other.  At about 3:00 in the morning Noah came running into our room saying he had to go potty.  So I was taking into the bathroom and Caden was in there.  I asked him what he was doing and he told me that Noah was scared to come get us to go potty, so he came here with him so he wouldn't be so scared of the dark.  Then I took them back to bed and they told each other good night and that they love each other.  Noah just told him, "Good night buddy, thanks for helping me".  How sweet is that???

THE BAD:

These are Noah's fingers...how gross are they??  When he was at pre-school he got his fingers slammed in the door.  Poor guy...he didn't even cry, until I picked him up from school and then he let the tears start.  Luckily they were not broken, just really bruised.  It looks like there is a blood blister forming, can't wait to deal with that:(  

Now for THE UGLY:

I guess when it comes to raising boys, there are a few things I am going to have to remember...they can be gross.  They pick up on all the grossness and go with it.  I usually have NO idea where they learned it (it certainly wasn't from me!  Maybe Ben??  jk, not him either)...I can just hope and pray that the grossness stops and most importantly it is done done in public.  

The last 3 days Noah has been doing the FART AND RUN.  That's right...the fart and run.  He picks his victim (one day Ben, then me and then Caden), smiles a sweet little smile, turns around, puts his bum on you, farts, laughs and runs as fast and as far away as he can get.  

If my child has done this to you...I am completely apologetic and hope it wasn't too horrific for you.  I think he has learned his lesson and will never do this again...I can only pray.

One thing is for certain...I will never have a dull moment in my life.  

6 comments:

Kate said...

The Fart and Run is really funny. You definitely will never have a dull moment at your house.

Ken and Susie Lovell said...

There can be no doubt. He gets this from his Grandfather on his Mother's side.

No doubt about it!!!

KatieWatie said...

lol! my father still does that....and how old is he? lol

Mitzi said...

That is funny! Girls aren't that much better. I can not get them to stop farting and burping at the dinner table. I thought to tell them to excuse themselves from the table and let it out in the other room, remember the story of Julie's mom?
It is really gross, how can a 5 year old girl belch and fart like an old man?

Maegan said...

I had a brother that was definitely a guys guy! He would do the fart and run all the time. Too bad he was so darn fast! What was worse was that he would wait until you were asleep or napping and fart in your face! Oh boys!

Moi said...

owww--the blood blisters are the worst. My dad gets em all the time & he has to get the doctor to actually poke a hole in the nail so a blood clot doesn't form.