Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pepe le Pew and Camping too!






This past weekend we went camping with my cousin, Jennie, and her family (we were the only girls, totally outnumbered with 6 boys). We went to Lake Ray Roberts. It was a beautiful weekend to go, just a bit on the cold side when it was time to sleep:) Oh well, we managed and still had a great time! For dinner of course we roasted some hot dogs and had some smores...and that is when pepe le pew decided to join our camp site. That's right, a little skunk. The little boys were having a bit of a freak out...(I secretly was as well, I did not want to smell like skunk). We just took the boys on a little walk while the big boys tried to get rid of it. You know it is tame when the husbands are throwing rocks and sticks at it and it doesn't spray you:) So we just let it do its thing while we did ours. It was the highlight of our trip!!

This is our campsite. Early morning. Making breakfast.
Is this not the cutest picture ever??? Thanks Jennie!!
Here are the little ones, getting warm by the fire.
This picture collage is curtesy of Jennie:) (I need to figure out how to do this...) The boys had fun playing on the playground, especially the tire swing, who doesn't like that???
So the boys could not be more excited for this trip because of the fishing. Ben went out and bought the boys this fancy little fishing pole where all you have to do is push a button and it does all the casting for you. Don't play into "this is the easiest fishing you'll ever do!" business. It does NOT work. For some reason it kept cutting the line. So we would blast the little rod out and BAM! No line. Which explains the next picture.
See that little yellow bobber thing? Well, that is what is blasted out of the fishing pole and inside it is the hook...like I said, the line was cut, so Ben had to wade out in the freezing water to go and get it.
We were so proud:) The funniest part was while we were trying to fix the fishing pole, Landen says, "Well...you are the scientest...." See, Landen thinks Ben is a scientest and Ben went along with it...Clever little boy:)Here is Noah fishing...the line broke again. Lets just say we took the fishing pole back. All in all it was a fun trip and we can't wait till next time!!

4 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

One of the reasons we moved out there was so we could do outdoor activities all year long, but we moved before we could even enjoy it. I'm glad your family got to enjoy camping this time of year, so lucky!

Jennie Gee said...

Very fun trip. I"m glad we could go together. One of the perks of living by each other! YEAH! I'm excited to go again with you guyes in the spring!

jeannie said...

We had a skunk at girls camp one year...I think we named him Pepe le Pew too! I hope that none of the kids wanted to take him home!

Leah and Mike said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad the skunk didn't spray - that would have been interesting :)