Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!

My birthday was on May 3, a little late on the post. But I still had to post about the most wonderful day the world ever saw...I was born!!! My DH had to leave on a business trip on May 2 and comes back on May 10. So, he is missing my b-day as well as our 8 year Anniversary
(Happy Anniversary! I love you babe!)...so instead of feeling sorry for myself and being alone, I decided to do the next best thing. Head on over to Houston and be with my parents! What a great idea it was!

My wonderful day (a brief background on my b-day... Apparently when I was younger I used the "birthday card" for like a month or so...So "they" say. I may have said, "I get the front seat, it's my birthday, or I get this...b/c it's my birthday...you get the idea. So now my family makes fun of me all the time. I will have you know that I no longer do that. I have one day and one day only...I may use it for all it's worth though!!) Anyway...my day started with my mom, dad, Noah and Caden coming into my room singing Happy Birthday and brought me a plate of donuts with a candle. (side note...I have donuts for every birthday...tradition). Then we went out on the jet ski. This was Caden's first time going...he loved it! He kept telling me to go faster and to do more tricks. I only know how to do donuts, but he was still impressed!
Me and Caden on the jet ski.
Mimi and Noah.
Me and my boys...aren't they sweet???
The boys had fun playing in the nasty lake water. They were throwing "sand" at each other, when we got home there was sand in all sorts of places...
My cutie pie CadenAfter we went jet skiing me and my mom went to eat at Chelsie's (another tradition...have to get my chicken salad sandwich. I know all my brothers are totally rolling their eyes right now. But they know whats up:) while my awesome dad watched the boys. We went shopping and then went home and swam in their pool.Next on the list...my birthday cake. It was so yummy! Thanks mom! Of course the boys helped me blow out the candles...there are just getting to be tooooo many! Dad and Mom...thanks for giving us a great time! We didn't want to leave! Love you tons!

5 comments:

Mitzi said...

Happy Birthday Summer! Looks like you had a great day:)

The Morgans said...

Glad you had a great birthday!! Oh how I miss that dirty lake water... You need to make a trip to Utah where that lakes are blue, but freezing!

Wendy said...

We were thinking of you. Glad it was such a fun day. And Happy Anniverary too!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good b-day! Going "home" is always the best! I would have done the same thing if Greg was out of town. Happy bealted Anniversary too!

Kellie Larsen said...

I am glad you had a good day! HAppy be-lated bday sum summ