So I am going to be completely honest...I did not think that these muffins sounded very good when my friend Emily emailed the recipe to me. They sounded really fibery and super dry. I was so glad to see that I was proven WRONG! These are amazing and they are so incredibly healthy. (Now I'm not going to lie to you...I may have doused it in butter...but I do that regardless of what kind of muffin it is! It is good with or without butter.) My kids loved them and you get full after eating just one. It was by no means dry...surprisingly very moist. For those of you who know my dad...he even liked them and that is saying something!! (Love you Dad!) If you don't know where to get the ingredients...Kroger, HEB etc...in the healthy isle.
Bran Muffins
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. raw wheat germ (not the toasted kind in the bottle)
2-3/4 c. wheat bran
2/3 c. oat bran or 3/4 c. rolled oats (I used the oats)
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ginger or cinnamon (I used cinnamon and added a bit more)
3 TBS oil
2/3 c. honey
2-1/4 c. milk or vanilla/plain yogurt (I did 1 c. milk 1-1/4 c. vanilla yogurt)
2 eggs
1/2 c. raisins or chocolate chips (opt.) (I did half with raisins half plain...I liked the plain)
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix them well. In another bowl beat the eggs and then add the rest of the wet ingredients with the optional raisins coming last, and mix well as each new ingredient is added. Fold the wet into the dry, mixing only enough to moisten the dry ingredients thoroughly. (Best if you mix by hand, otherwise you will overmix).
Put the mixture into a greased muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago







1 comments:
These muffins are awesome! You really do get full after one, so you have lots leftover to freeze for later. They heat up well in the microwave after being frozen. Yum.
Post a Comment