Am I the only one who overbooks during the holidays? Am I the only one who gets so stressed out about trying to please people and not myself? I want to know how I always end up doing this every year??? (My sweet hubby tells me all the time that I do this...but I'm a woman and this is what I do best at:) Now, don't get me wrong...I love the holidays, but when I am getting so stressed out that it is making me sick, I need to change something. I found this article today and it made me put things in perspective a little bit...I just need to learn to say no. So...If I say no to you...don't get mad at me. I'm doing it for my sanity because right now...I don't have any and now I am sick, warn out and not really enjoying the spirit of Christmas.
Wow...I feel a little bit better getting that off my chest. Don't think I'm too crazy;)
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago







10 comments:
You are not the least bit crazy, you're just very nice! If I had a minivan I would come pick up the boys in a heartbeat. Don't forget that your pregnant and that's TONS of work and exhaustion and effort alone. That's a great reason to say no.
You are so NOT the only one! Must be a woman thing. I do it too; every year. It doesn't help that you are preggo, tired and sick... that just makes everything worse!
:( Hope you start feeling better soon!
Like your friend said, you are an extremely nice person, and love to make people happy.... :). I know this probably doesnt mean much coming from me, but...ha. You saying that reminds me of melissa a little bit, you have a hard time saying no because you don't want it to come off mean, but for your sake, say no b/c you dont have the time. Just sit back, and enjoy christmas, if need be i can babysit the boys for free...IF need be. :D haha. Just chillax and enjoy the holidays, that's my motto ;)
oh..btw i put my first blog in today... =D
Summer,
Can you make me some of your homeade cookies? Please?
You have the best excuse in the WORLD to say no right now! Hello...PREGO! It is statistically proven that it is healthy to say no sometimes in the interest of one's sanity, so you're covered. And no, you're not the only one. My kitchen is piping hot and a disaster as we speak because I have 2 Christmas parties needing desserts coming up and I'm also wanting to do plates of treats for people. Tis the season to be crazy!
I think it's okay to say no...and not just during the holidays. You/I just can't do everything and I'm okay with telling myself that! Sure that doesn't mean that I don't want to do more, I just pick and choosem what I do do. Kick up your feet and relax, enjoy the holidays, your family and your pergnancy!
Just say NO! The slogan has worked before. Put it in action again!
My cookies will just never be as good as yours! we're excited to see the boys this weekend.
Just say no! Wise words. ;-)
~ and good advice.
Do the happy things that you and your family will enjoy.
By trying to "simplify" my Christmas by making a lot of things by hand, I have made myself sick as well. My holiday season has turned hairy and frightening instead of merry and bright, why do we do this to ourselves? I wish you luck on figuring out how to cope and stand up for your sanity!
Post a Comment