Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I love Christmas Eve...it is so much fun, especially with kids. Our good family friends, the Baileys (for as long as I can remember), came over to celebrate with us. We have had this tradition for several years. We have shrimp...thanks Diane (surprisingly enough, Noah LOVED it...but he hates cheese...go figure), we eat homemade pizza with whatever toppings you can dream up, a delicious dessert and then we have the Nativity story. Since the kids are a bit older, we decided to take it a step further this year...we acted it out!

Eric and Ben were the Narrators for our story, I played the piano (I know...gasp! me play the piano?? It was level 1 music...and it was pretty bad), Katie was the Director, Whitney was the photographer...here are the other participants:
Noah and Brent were Shepherds, Caden was Joseph
Dana was Angel Gabriel, Taylor: Mary, Caden: Joseph
Connor was the cutest Baby Jesus
This was hilarious...Megan and Eric were Angels and when it was their turn they got up and acted like "angels"...funny.
All the kiddos
The 3 wisemen: Jeremy, Brandon and Curt offering gifts to baby Jesus...as they walked into the room Brandon sprayed his awesome cologne and about gagged us all:) Afterwards we all sang Silent Night while I played the piano...I either need to take lessons or just forgo playing ever again because that was just a joke...

It was a fun night and I think the kids loved it. We all had fun laughing at everyone. The kids got the plate of cookies together for Santa and were off to bed.

1 comments:

Jennie Gee said...

I'm very impressed that you played the piano. Maybe you can play at the next funeral...