Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tooth Pulling?

I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything...I really have had nothing to post.  Nothing.  It has been so incredibly boring around here!  Unfortunately today I have found something to blog about.  It is unfortunate because of what I'm posting.  


Today we had a little mishap...Noah and Caden were "rough housing" and as they were running, Noah pushed Caden.  Caden fell on the tile.  Caden hit his front two teeth on the tile.  Caden is screaming.  Blood is everywhere.  Luckily I was in the middle of making Black Bottom Cupcakes (recipe is coming soon...thanks Ashley) so I didn't hear the "noise" that might have come.  

So, I am checking his teeth and cleaning up the mess and the teeth feel a little loose.  So of course I freak out and call my friend Sharla to see what she thinks I should do (she is a Dental Hygenist)  and she says I should probably get it checked out.  So we go and get X-Rays just to be on the safe side.  Well, it apears that his front right tooth has a fractured root.  What does that mean?  It means that it will have to be pulled.  What does that mean?  It means that he will be toothless there for like 2 years until his permenent teeth grow in.  I'm just grateful that it is just the one tooth and not the top two.  I can only imagine how he would speak for 2 years.  We will find out for sure what is going to happen on Monday and how we have to go about this.  In the meantime, I am going to take lots of pictures of my cutie now with all his teeth...

I just hope Caden doesn't seek revenge on his brother:)  Did I mention that Ben is out of town?  Of course he is!  From Wed. morning until late tonight.  Fun for me.

8 comments:

jeannie said...

Ouch! Something like that happened to my SIL nephew, he was running down the hall and fell on the bottom of the banister, he is only 2 or three so he will have to be toothless much longer than Caden. Is there a good Ped. dentist you go to?

Tiffany said...

A friend of mine had that happen, and he has been minus a top tooth for almost 3 years. It has gone pretty well actually, and it doesn't look that bad. It is probably more traumatic for you than for Caden. Sorry though. That is rough especially with Ben gone.

The Morgans said...

I knocked my 2 front teeth out when I was about 2. I remember making a point not to smile with my teeth showing in pictures until my permanent teeth came in.

JC Photography said...

Poor Caden!!! Of course things like that always happen when your husband is out of town! Way to be super mom. Good luck - and I'm sure he'll look cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh No! And of course Ben was gone... typical the way things go sometimes huh?! :) I am already scared to have a boy (b/c of their roughness) and now this has scraed me even more... thanks!! :)

Wendy said...

Oh, so sorry. He'll look cute either way and his tooth will grow in before you know it.

aurora said...

Oh no! I am so sorry!

These things ALWAYS happen when hubbies are out of town!

Maegan said...

Good thing he is so cute!