Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Christmas!!

I know I'm really late on posting Christmas (like 2 weeks??)  ...but its been kinda crazy around here!  And I haven't been in the mood to blog.  Oh well!  On to Christmas!!  This year we spent Christmas with the Thatcher side, so Caden and Noah had fun with cousins Molly and Will and Uncle Logan.  The night began with an amazing spread of yummy appitizers and desserts (there family tradition).  Every year our little family elf, Sqeegicuns, drops off bag full of presents to those who have been good boys and girls!  Whats inside??  Well, PJ's of course!    They opened their PJ's and then we had a little photo op.  I think they all look super cute!!

After opening their PJ's, the kids wanted to write a letter to Santa.  They told Uncle Logan what to say and then they all signed their names.  The letter said:

Dear Santa-
Thank you for the PJ's.  We are glad you found us!
We hope you didn't leave the presents.
Thank you!  
We love you Santa!
Stay classy Santa!
Love,
Caden, Noah, Molly and Logan

It was so cute how they were just all talking and telling Logan what to put in the letter.  They were so excited for Santa to come!

Then Christmas came!  I love the wide eye looks as they stare at all the presents!  They just were in awe!
Caden got the scooter he has been wanting for forever!  It made his Christmas (not to mention he has already put holes in some new jeans later that day...)
Noah got a Big Wheel.  He doesn't look too happy because he just found out that he doesn't get to ride it today because the Santa accidently left a main piece to the big wheel out...therefore, he couldn't ride it.  What a BUMMER!!  Over all, Christmas was a wonderful, relaxing day!  
The next day my parents and Nana (my mom's mom) came to our home for Christmas!  It was just the 3 of them on Christmas morning, so we decided that Saturday morning would be Christmas all over again...Gillis style:)  Here are some fun costumes Mimi and Popi got the boys (is that Luke Skywalker mask just the creepiest thing you have ever seen??)  
The boys got some good loot!  They were excited to open more presents!  After presents we ate the traditional fruit soup and breakfast quiche...every member of the Gillis family has this Christmas Morning.  I look forward to it every year!!  Yum yum!!  

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  And thanks to all those who let us share the day with them!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

That's so fun that you had Christmas morning all over again. What a good idea.