Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Day to Complain...

So I woke up this morning and realized that I was onry. I had the feeling I was going to be super sarcastic and unlikable today. That little feeling was correct...I am letting myself be hate-able. So, I get to share that with my readers today some things that are bothering me today. First, I had the thought that maybe I shouldn't post this because then you might find me unlikeable...but then I thought I really dislike fake people, and I was wondering...what if my readers think that about me? I mean...I just post cuteness and fun times our family has. What if I have become a fake person? I refuse to let people think this about me, so here are my grouchy thoughts for today. (By the way I get a stats report every week and it shows that I get about 600 readers a week...I want to know who you are!! I love comments;)


So I have decided that I love when my kids don't listen to me. Its great, I love repeating myself 3-5 times to get your shoes on or what do you want for breakfast...

C-"I want oatmeal"
M- today is not an oatmeal day...no time to make it, pick a cereal.
C- Is oatmeal a cereal
M-no, oatmeal is not a cereal...how about this cereal, (NO), this cereal (NO), this one (NO!)
C- how about oatmeal!
M-NO OATMEAL!!
you get the point...because this conversation goes on for awhile.

Today was a day of rushing and trying to get all 5 people ready at various times (this actually is everyday)...and I didn't get my breakfast. I NEED my breakfast. So, I grab my self a Quaker granola bar (in chocolate of course) and quickly make a Carnation Breakfast Drink and head out the door to take Noah to school and start my errands (which will be my next complaint). I really appreciate the workers at Quaker who failed to find the Granola bar I grabbed was only 1/2 there. I also want to thank Noah for eating half of my half as well as drinking my carnation drink.

Next...what is wrong with retail stores who think that opening up at 10am is ok? I mean really...don't they know that mom's drop off kids at 8am for public schools and 9am for preschool? What am I supposed to do? The reason why Target and Wal-Mart do so well is because that is the only option for SAHM...we kill time there until the other stores open.

You may be wondering why this is bothering me today. Well, thank you for thinking it because here is why: I had to lower my standards tremendously today. I sat outside of GOODWILL for 45 minutes because today was 50% off day. Meaning everything is HALF OFF. That is according to their flyer. I just wanted to find something ugly and transform it into something blog worthy (all for you...my readers and to release my inner craftiness for somewhat cheaply). So I knew what it was I wanted...I wait like an idiot at the door (imagine the Mervyns commercials peeking through the glass saying, open, open....) with the other 100 people...no lie. So, I charge over to get what I want and its still there, I go to buy it and the lady says, "You do know that this isn't 50% off right...it has a purple sticker." You have got to be FREAKING KIDDING me!! I donate and I donate to goodwill and they can't even put EVERYTHING on sale? I probably got the only purple ticket thing out there. COME ON its GOODWILL! Everything has been used. However, purple sticker means it is new...so I spent $7 on my purchase, which will be for a later post. And yes, it is still worth it, but not for $7.

I would also love to know why people leave their blinkers on? How does that little "blink, blink, blink" noise not bother you? Well let me tell you people something...seeing the annoying flash is extremely annoying to people. I was actually being nice today {shock} to a big huge 18-wheeler and let him in...why? Because his blinker was on and I thought..."Self, he may need to turn right and he won't have time to get over unless you let him in." So, I leave the big gap...he doesn't get over, I wait a bit longer...still nothing and because of my being nice I had to stop at the light and watch him go through it with his blinker blinking away. SO RUDE!!! If you happen to be one of those people who likes the sound it makes, at least be considerate of the people in the car who keep staring at you hoping that you turn it off because they are too nice to say something to you. Because believe me, they are not listening to a word you are saying they are thinking, "Turn the blinker off, turn the blinker off, why won't he turn it off?"

You know...I actually feel a little better letting off all this steam! People now know what has bugged me today and hopefully you don't think I am fake...because we all know how I feel about fake-ness (in case you forgot...I don't like it when people come off as being a Mary Poppins...perfect in every way, when we all know they are not and they are actually just annoying). Let's hope that when I leave to get the boys and finish my other errands I don't get bugged by other things...otherwise there might be "A Day to Complain...Part 2" later on today. Here's to a better day!!

P.S...I am not going to reread this and correct my mistakes, I am going to leave that to my sweet hubby who does all my spell checks and will call me and tell me what I need to change:) Thanks Babes!

12 comments:

Kate said...

Amen! I hate fake people too!

Jonny said...

That time of the month, huh? Tell Ben he can crash at my place.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are having a bad day, but I must say... your bad day made my day and made me laugh... so thank you. :) I do, however, hope your day gets better!

P.S. what do you mean you are not Mary Poppins?? I sure am. ;)

Summer said...

Jon...don't make me add you to my list of complaints...because I will:)

The Morgans said...

Is it okay that I'm amused by your post because I can relate to everything in it?

Abbie said...

We've been having a lot of days like these lately. I hate winter.

PS you never come off as fake. Maybe because I know you in real life, and you're not fake in real life.

Jenna said...

I think you should have called me today so we could have had the Goodwill experience together. I'm all about trash to treasure finds lately. I'm a little grouchy today too. Is it a full moon? You know I love you anyway - even if you are ornery. :)

Texas Welch's said...

You make me laugh!!!! I have many days like yours. It happens more often when Clay is gone and I am out numbered. I am totally with you on the stores not opening until 10, but I usually find myself at Hobby Lobby. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Wendy said...

leave it to my husband... I sympathize with you.

Harrington said...

I feel like that is how I have been. Getting 3 children ready and myself is so hard. I thought the same thing the other day about stores not opening until 10 am. I liked your post. sometimes you need to get it out.

Gwen said...

I cracked up at this post because it is all too real! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the moment, but I had to laugh when I read that Noah ate your breakfast. Adam has done that to me as well, which is really annoying when you have made them breakfast and you are starving! Glad it's not just me. Do I need to bring you some chocolate?

aurora said...

I would have to ditto that you never come off as fake. But I sure am glad to see that Sweet Summer is real and has those days, too! ;-)