I have found a forever treasure...I absolutely fell in love with these little drops of heaven:
Coconut Creme Macaroons
Recipe: on the back of the package...aka..Hershey's!!
1/3 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp orange juice
1 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 c. Sweetened Coconut flakes, divided
48 Kisses filled with Coconut Creme
Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3 c. coconut.
Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups coconut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate on top of each cookie. Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.







6 comments:
I can't figure out why you don't weigh 5,000 lbs! Thanks for sharing your new treasure!! xoxo Gwen
Mmmmmmm, sounds yummy!
Those look awesome! I will have to try them soon!
The only combo better than chocolate and mint is chocolate and coconut!! I had no idea they had those kind of kisses I just finished off my bag of chocolate cherry kisses from valentines so I have a real need to go and buy some right now.
Please bring me some of these now, not tomorrow. :)
I plan to make these for our ward party. I like coconut, Mike doesn't, so this way I can't eat all of them.
Post a Comment