Friday, February 20, 2009

Dallas Museums

My parents came to visit us over Valentines Day weekend.  We had the best time with them!  We started the day off by going to The Dallas Science Museum, Planetarium and the Children's Museum.  The first picture is the famly by the Cotton Bowl.  The last one of the boys is this fun sidewalk art that is in the middle of a big pond and you can walk all over the place.  Very cool.
Ben, the boys and my parents in front of a huge Mammoth.
At the Science museum they have so much hands on activities: Caden and Mimi moving a structure, Ben and Noah building with blocks, Mimi and Noah playing with magnets and Popie and Caden playing with them as well.
The Children's Museum was their favorite!  They got to dress up as firemen and play in a fire truck.
Here they are playing with music, and building things.  
Here is another piece of artwork you can walk around...love Noah's pose...
They also had a farm where you could shop for fruit and veggies, ride John Deer "tractors", milk a cow and also go rock climbing.  They had a blast.  What's sad is we have lived in DFW for a good 6 years, and this is the first time going there...oh well...now we know it is here and we will be going quite frequently:)


After the museum we ate at the Olive Garden and then the girls went shopping.  My sweet Mom was trying to get me excited about having another boy.  We did find some cute boy clothes!  Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day as well!

On a sidenote...what did I do wrong with my collages?  They are so small and there is all that white background???

5 comments:

Jennie Gee said...

That looks awesome. I bet your boys loved it. We'll definitely have to take our boys together another time! They'd have a blast together.

Alma said...

I love going to the museum. Hannah just went on Friday with my sister. This past summer we went like 3-4 times. I have to show Hannah the pictures when she wakes up. I'm sure she'll recognize where the boys are at since she has a lot of the same pictures. Glad to hear you had a great time with your family. Hope all is well.

Kate said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! Your parents haven't changed a bit! I hope your doing ok and you will get excited about another boy since they are so much fun!

jenhatch said...

Hey Summer! I saw Ben on facebook through our mutual friend Christy... and he told me about your blog - so I thought I'd stop by and say HI. Let's jog your memory and see if you remember me from Ricks... I knew you through Ben and Eric.... registering!?!

I've got a blog also, a bit paranoid with it all so it's private - so let me know if you want to check it out. I'm NOT going to assume that I'm that interesting and that you'd want to! ;) hatch123atgmaildotcom...

Congrats on baby #3, I just had my 3rd 3 weeks ago. The adjustment to 3 has been a lot better then going from 1 to 2. If that helps. ;)

So fun to catch up with you and see that you stayed a Texan! We LOVE it here... and will die here also! Take care!

Wendy said...

mollymoo

Hey Caden and Noah,

This is my nickname, Molly Moo.