Hello All! So I am attempting my first tutorial...we will see if I can do this:) Considering I am a newby at the whole sewing thing, hopefully I can use the right terms!! My sweet Aunt made one of these for me when Connor was born and I LOVE it! I never ever take it off! It's so nice when it is windy or rainy or if you have a new born and you don't want people breathing on baby when you are at the grocery store...solution...carseat canopy!!
What I did was cut rectangles and then fold it in half and in half again and then cut the corners so they were all equal.
Pin the whole thing together. Make sure wrong sides are together.
Get your iron out and get it hot!! You are going to iron the whole thing. So fold the bottom fabric in half, iron, then go back and fold it in half again...You will end up with a 1/2" binding for the front. Iron it really well. When its all ironed, sew it together! Easy peasy.
Next up...the handles. They measure out to be 7" x 4". You can always go bigger depending on your carseat. I did 3 sets of the velcro so that way you can make sure it will fit. Fold the blanket part in half and attach them right in the middle. From the outside to the first handle is 13", then 6 1/2" space, then the next handle, then 13" to the other end...does that make sense?
The final product! This is great...instead of a blanket falling on your baby, this will never fall on them!

This is how it looks when you don't need baby covered. I made this for a friend...hence the girl cover on the boy car seat:) Let me know if you have any questions!







2 comments:
That is SOOO very cute. I wish I would have known about these a year ago - I totally would have made one. I love it.
oooo you are doing tutorials? you are so the next go to blogger for sweet ideas.
i take it that girl canopy is for my first little one?
Post a Comment