Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Peanut Butter Popcorn!

I have been in a Peanut Butter mood lately. For some reason I just can't get enough of it! Who can blame me though? Right? Anyway, my friend Gwen emailed me a recipe a long time ago for Peanut Butter Popcorn that she saw on target.com and just had to make it! Well, today my friend Sharla and I made (I later found out she thought that sounded so disgusting, glad to say I proved her wrong!!). This popcorn is very addicting! I made a few changes to the recipe, and it turned out delish! Hope you enjoy!


Peanut Butter Popcorn

2 (3.5 oz.) pkg. microwave popcorn, popped

1/2 c. margarine
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
20 large marshmallows

Pour popcorn into large bowl. In a saucepan, combine margarine, brown sugar, and marshmallows and cook until sugar is dissolved and marshmallows are melted. Stir in the peanut butter until well blended. Pour mixture over the popcorn, and stir quickly to coat the corn before it cools. (This mixture is very gooey, if you like that GREAT, if not I put mine on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 10-20 minutes and stirring every 10 minutes.) After you can add Reeses Pieces, like I did, or peanuts, m&m's, drizzle with chocolate...the possibilities are endless! Hope you like it! At least it has given me a peanut butter fix...for now!

3 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

SUMMER!! I LOVE P.B. popcorn!! I made it last year for fun and I have been hooked ever since. I might have to say that it is better than carmel corn. I'm glad you got to try it and enjoy those little kernels of heaven :) We will have to put it in the Gillis Family Cookbook :)

Julie said...

Hey, girlfriend! I thoroughly your popcorn recipe last Friday night. Scott was working late and...well, it was great! Too bad I didn't have Reece's Pieces on hand. Chocolate chips and peanuts worked just fine, though :-).
Miss you!
Julie
When are we going to get together? I would totally hire a sitter for all of our kids, and you and I could go out to lunch and shopping! I DO need to pick out paint colors... ;-) Actually, that sounds like a lot of fun. Let me know if you're interested!

Shelly G said...

Thank you... Thank you... I have been wanting a peanut butter popcorn recipe... I have been on a peanut butter kick... and have been making this recipe which is yummy...It as no bake cookie...
http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/2008/02/no-bake-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookies.html thank you again:)
shellys.hut@gmail.com