Saturday, March 20, 2010

Houston RODEO

There is nothing more Texan than going to the HOUSTON Livestock Show and RODEO. Since it was in town during Spring Break, and we were in Houston during Spring Break...we went! So much fun! Although the weather was NOT on our side...Of course parking is NEVER fun...we had to park as far away as possible, take a train up to the entrance and then walk a ways...
The kids really wanted to enjoy the rides and make their parents spend loads of money on dinky rides...so I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing that as we were about to buy tickets it started to DOWNPOUR! I mean the skies just let loose. (Thankfully I had time to get my camera in the bag...) Just look at the skies! Black!
I just thought this was funny...Fried WHAT?? They fry everything here! We of course had to try a few things out: Fried Oatmeal Cream Pie (our favorite), Fried Twinkie (NASTY), and Fried Snickers (Really good). Lets just say I felt really bad about myself after trying them all:)
WOW! Way to go Connor!
Love this of all the kids...they LOOK so sweet and innocent, staying put, not running around and watching a bunch of cows take their walk of shame...Check out how wet my boys pants are...we were drenched from the downpour...
OK...come on! Look at this Hereford! He is ENORMOUS! I couldn't stop staring at him!
All the cuties...Brent, Caden, Noah and Taylor.
Aunt Whitney and Connor
We learned how to milk a cow. Lets just say...being a milk cow would not be fun...check out the contraption on those utters!
We went to the petting zoo and Noah was freaking out because all the goats were trying to eat him the second we walked through the gate. (I must say...I was a little freaked out also). He got over it though.
This would be my germ-a-phobe not wanting to touch the animals. He was so not digging this! I had to make him pet a few animals! He washed his hands SEVERAL times after this!

We had so much fun at the Rodeo...even with the rain:) Getting back to the car was a whole other story that includes a serious downpour, umbrellas that were flipping inside out because of the wind, clothes dripping with rain, FREEZING weather and thankfully...Connor falling asleep despite what was going on.

0 comments: