Last night I went to a cake decorating class (thanks for teaching it Tanya!! You are amazing!). It was all about fondant. Can I just tell you that I have fallen in love? I actually dreamnt of fondant last night and all the amazing things I can do! Now as you look at these pictures, keep in mind that it is my first cake with fondant...no laughing. Tanya even gave recipes for Marshmallow fondant...which actually tastes pretty good. The chocolate fondant tastes like tootsie roll. The Wilton kind smells like chemicals...I can't bring myself to try it!
Anywho...I will be using fondant more now. I am no longer scared!! I can't wait to buy all the fun cutters and stuff! OH the possibilities:)
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago
12 comments:
What do you mean no laughing? It looks amazing!!
Ummm, you could be a professional. I wish we lived closer...I would totally hire you for all my cake decorating needs! :)
WOW - I'm totally impressed. You are one of the most talented people I've ever met. Seriously girl - is there anything your not amazing at? I'm not surprised that it not only looks good - but tastes good!
I'm very impressed. It looks awesome! I will expect one of your creating for our joint b-day celebration!
I'm so glad your cake turned out so great! It looks awesome - I'm glad everyone had fun last night, too. We'll have to do a basketweave class before Easter :) If you ever want to check out our blog it's web.mac.com/jfly1 (no cake pics on that one - they took up too much space :)
Adorable cake, and that is your first!
You should check out the book, Easy Party Cakes by Debbie Brown. They are all fondant, but super super cute stuff in there.
WOW! Now I'm sorry I left early! It looks great, I'm glad it tasted good too!
Your cake looks amazing! You're talents are endless. I am definitely paying you to do my next cake :)
WOW!! That cake is amazing!! You should seriously sale them - it looks like a professional made it. And congrats on the boy - don't be sad because you make pretty dang cute boys :)
Welcome to the fondant world! Enjoy your stay- you will never leave! :D
Your cake is gorgeous!! And it sounds delicious! Yeah, you!
You are so talented. I can't believe that was your first time with fondant. But you were an amazing cake decorator before taking classes. I miss all of your yummy food. Have you found any new recipes? Talk to you soon.
Hey Summer! This cake looks delicious!! I do not go back to Kingwood as often as I should probably and we live in Katy now! We used to live in Austin and that was far away compared to where I am at now. Do you get back to Kingwood often?? You should let me know when y'all go back to visit and we could meet up!! Love your blog :)
Post a Comment