Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! We spent it purging our house of junk and painting Ben's brother, Jon and wife, Wendy's house. It looks amazing!
Anyway...here is a recipe I tried for book club. I think it turned out REALLY good. It really reminded me of Marie Calendar's Banana Cream Pie (which is my favorite!). It was very creamy and rich. The best part is there is no oven time required! I love that part the best. I was a little nervous reading the recipe and seeing how much sour cream was in there...but relax, give it a try, you will not be disappointed. Also, it is a Pampered Chef recipe, so you know it will be good!
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
3 TBS sugar
1 (12 oz.) container frozen shipped topping, thawed
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla INSTANT pudding
3 medium bananas, sliced
2 TBS pecan halves, grated (I did not do this, I used graham cracker crumbs)
Finely crush graham crackers in large resealable plastic bag; place in bowl. Add butter and sugar; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of a Springform Pan.
In bowl, whisk whipped topping and sour cream until blended. Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture is well blended and smooth. Spread half of the filling over crust. Slice bananas and arrange over filling. Spread remaining filling over bananas.
Grate pecans over top (or graham cracker crumbs). Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Run a knife around sides of dessert; release collar from pan and carefully remove. Cut into wedges. Garnish each serving with a strawberry fan, if desired.
3 comments:
So this I MUST know?
How are you not 300 pounds????
Seriously though; looks divine. :)
That is so funny....I was going to say the same thing that the first person just said. How are you not 500 Pounds! If I made all of that food, I would be eating it! It looks so yummy!
that looks so good.
Post a Comment