Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby #3 Update

I just realized that I never expanded on my announcement of Baby #3!  So I thought I would give a little update...at least what little I know:)


I am out of my 1st trimester!  YEAH!!  Which means I'm not sick any more, not stuffing food down my mouth as quickly as I could get it in there (I was hungary 24/7...If I didn't eat I would feel nausous, if I did eat I felt nausous...not cool), I'm still not in maternity clothes {YEAH!!}, I can't sleep at all (I had a run of 6 days of no sleep...I finally found out I can take Benadryl, I took it, and I slept like a baby for 6 hours, then I was up for good at 4am.  I NEED TO SLEEP!!)  My boys are in love with this baby.  Caden tells anyone and everyone that he is going to have a baby!!  Noah just stares at my belly and asks if he can hold his baby sister.  He is scared to sit on my lap, worried he will squish the baby.  He is already a fabulous big brother. He is also asking questions about the baby and worried that there are not enough toys for the baby and we need to buy some.  

Caden wants to name the baby Cassy.  Noah wants Caramel Apple.  (He now likes Claire...)  But I can honestly say that I have not pressed the whole girl thing on them...they both think it is a girl {WAHOO!!}  I really hope they know something I don't!!  I think everyone I know has told me they are praying I get a girl...

Overall...its been a good pregnancy.  I have no complaints.  Its been fun seeing my belly get bigger and bigger!!  The boys think its pretty funny.  

My due date is July 15...I'm going to guess more like July 3-5.  I was 2 weeks early on both boys.  

13 comments:

Leah said...

I'm glad you are feeling better Summer. Older siblings really do seem to know what the new baby will be (at least as far as I've seen), so hopefully you will get your little girl!

Gwen said...

I officially hate you for being so skinny. :) I have a feeling you'll get your girl and then we can go shopping together for adorable little outfits!

aurora said...

I love your family picture on your header! Very sweet.
I hope that you get a girl, too. They are fun to dress up, but I have loved dressing my little man, too, so... C:
Oh, and I guess that means no Girls' Camp for you this year! I'll miss you--

Jonny said...

I like Caramel Apple too.

jeannie said...

wow, your not in maternity clothes yet! Glad that your feeling better and I wish you sleepy nights!

Harrington said...

Your family picture is so cute. All of you look great. That is hard to do. Usually I can't get the kids to hold still. I am glad your doing well. Get some sleep though. That stinks not being able to sleep. Talk to you soon.

Summer said...

Just so you know...this baby is sitting so high that luckily my pants are still fitting. With my boys, they were so low that I was in maternity at like 6 weeks. This way is so much better:) I'm sure it won't be long and I will be in them. I will cry on that day:)

KatieWatie said...

i cant WAIT for her/him to be born! she/he will help me prepare for becoming a future aunt.....a looong time from now..ha :) if you let me of course ;)

The Reimers Family said...

The sibs always know! I hope you have a girl!, but you do make pretty cute boys!

Sarah said...

What a great family picture! I'm so glad the 1st trimester is over. Hopefully you can break my baby trend of having all three the same and get a little girl :). I love how the boys are already so excited for her.

Anonymous said...

SO glad you are feeling better! And I so think (and hope) this one's a girl!! Especially since you are carrying so high.. that's a girl sign. :) I am carrying so low...it's crazy!

kellbell said...

i want to come out and do pics sooo bad you have no idea! I bet your belly is adorable!! love your new fam pic, u are so photogentic!

Robyn said...

Jackie Long and I were looking at your blog last night (to show her all your darling crafts and deluxe recipes/food) and we were both totally taken by surprise to find out you are pregnant! DUH-- That is VERY exciting. I just caught up on your last 3 months: beautiful chair, delicious food!, gorgeous shower for EC, love the turkey cookies, and can't wait to try the tiles! Your blog rocks! We live so close and yet so far... :)