Many of you know that I worked at Calico Corners for 4 years and 50 weeks. See the amount of time is very important. Why you may ask? Well, when you have been there for 5 years you get a free chair. I missed it by 2 weeks. Why didn't I wait a measly 2 more weeks? Well, I would have had to have stayed until the chair was in my house...another 11 weeks. I really don't remember why I quit. I just remember that for my family, it had to be done. I was just so close to getting a $1600 chair for FREE!!! So, it has kinda been haunting me.
A few weeks ago I got a phone call from one of my old co-workers saying that our store was closing down and the last day it would be open is November 15. WHAT??? They always threatened us they would close, but we thought it was just talk. Anyway, on one of the last days it was opened, I went there and saw this chair. And the price was so low that it was like I got my free chair! I finally feel like I got what I deserved:) It is such a big, comfy chair! Love it!!! Merry Christmas Summer!!
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago
6 comments:
So cute. I'm glad you finally found one. I know you've been looking forever! Now, can you find me one?
It looks so cozy!
Oh congrats! I know you'd been lamenting your free chair. Good things come to those who wait!
Gorgeous! Perfect to snuggle up and read in. Glad that you finally got it!
love it
woo hooo! cute chair sum sum!
Post a Comment