Yes...we had to get a Locksmith. For what, my car...? No, that would be too easy. After we picked up the boys from Grandmas and Grandpas house after our fabulous San Antonio Trip, we get home. Ben goes to unlock the door and low and behold...we have no key to get into our house. So, after a good 5 hour drive home we can't get into our house. We were contemplating breaking a window, but figured that a locksmith may be cheaper. (And no, we did not give a neighbor a key, we are not smart enough for that.) Well...it probably would have been cheaper if our stupid builders would have put the door knob the right way. Apparently they installed it upside down. For whatever reason, they couldn't get it open. They had to drill the door knob. So, this little mishap cost us $150. What a great way to end a trip...
So, what do you do while you wait to have someone let you in your house to entertain 2 active boys??? While turn on the sprinklers of course! This kept them somewhat busy while we waited 2 hours. That and riding their bikes.
So, I wish that was the end of it...but our brand new Wii is not working as well. I'm not going to ask what else can go wrong because I did in the last post and look where it got me. Anyway, karma is not on my side right now...
Chicken & Broccoli Braid
15 years ago
5 comments:
I know this is probably mean but as soon as I saw the pic of the locksmith van I started laughing! After your last post about the AC I thought you had had your share of bad luck...maybe now it's over! :) I'm glad you had a good trip even though you were locked out of your house when you got home!
I am sorry you had trouble with your lock... You are right to not ask what else could go wrong... For awhile I had a streak of mishaps and I would say... I can't get any worse... And it would! Finally one of my older boys said...Mom... stop saying that... Everytime you say that it does:)~ Once I stopped... It got so much better :)
That's horrible. It's gotta be the end of the streak.
Man, your luck sounds like our luck...nothing but bad news!
Summer,
It is so good to see pictures of your darling boys. It really has been that long? I just love your family. You and Ben still look the same which I cannot say for myself! You both look great. I am glad I get to see more and read more about ya all. Love ya
Anne Copeland
Post a Comment