Monday, April 21, 2008

Time Out For Women

This weekend my sweet husband let me go to Time Out for Women (TOFW). It was in Oklahoma City, OK. Just a short 3 hour drive away. Me and my good friend Sharla P. Wilde went together. We left on Friday, April 18 and came back on that Saturday. We had so much fun! On Friday it started at 6:30 pm and some really cute girls, Mercy River, sang. If you haven't heard of them, thats because they are new, but when you hear them you will love their songs. Just to prove how cool I am, they signed my CD. Then Kim Nelson spoke to us, he was hilarious! Then Michael McLean performed. First time to see him. I'm not gonna lie to you...he doesn't have the greatest voice and he forgot most of the lines and had to read them off a paper. I'll leave it at that. But he was very funny.

On Saturday there were tons of speakers and lots of singing. Mercy River sang again, then Hilary Weeks (you may not know her name, but trust me you know all her songs), Dean Hughes spoke (author of Children of the Promise), Camille Fronk Olsen spoke, then Merrilee Boyack, Jason Wright (he is on the NY Bestsellers list) and Carolyn Rasmus. It was a great conference, I may have to go back every year! It makes you miss and appreciate your family and want to try to be a better more understanding mother and wife. I also realized that I'm not the only mom who is trying to balance: being a good mom, being a good wife, be good at your calling, and in the mean time: cook meals, clean the house and play with the kids. Apparently, most people feel the same way...imagine that:-) So I was greatful to get a little spiritual boost and get recharged.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the fun event! Hope you enjoy!
Mercy River performing.

To prove my coolness, here is the CD they signed for me. Look how cute their hair is, Sharla and I want to cut our hair now. Especially Sharla.This is Jason Wright and Robyn. Apparently, "his peeps" are trying to get him on Oprah. I knew I should have gotten in the picture also! Oh well, I have an autograph to prove it:
The autograph.
Some ladies from our ward who went to TOFW. Alicia, Kathy, Lynette, Sharla, Summer, Robyn.
Myself and Sharla P. Wilde. (I'm not sure why, but that is what I have to call her. Her real middle name is nowhere near P. It actually starts with an S. She's a good sport.) We rode up together and shared a hotel room together. I'm not sure I will ever share with her again. She woke me up at 12:30 am to tell me that she forgot to take down the GPS (which is mine) and she was worried that it would get stolen. She was actually on her way out the door. I had to yell, "Sharla P. Wilde, get back in bed!" I had to beg her to go back to sleep. At least thats what she told me what happened. I thought it was all a dream, in fact I was telling her about my "dream" and she was like, Summer, that really did happen....I guess I'm the freak? Anyway, it didn't get stolen, which is good news.

If anyone is interested in coming to the next one...let me know! The more the merrier!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That sounds like so much fun! I really wanted to go, but there was no way I was going to be able to. Next time, you must take me with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh how neat! I am jealous. :) I have always wanted to go to this... hopefully sometime soon. Glad you had a good time.